Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween! What are your plans today? I have to zipped down to the kids' preschool to help with their Halloween party, then we'll head into town for trick-or-treating after dinner. Our teensy-tiny fire department, which is smack-dab in the center of town, opens up each Halloween and creates a big warm-up space for festivity-goers with donuts, hot chocolate and coffee (it's usually cold here on Halloween!).

Halloween has always been my favorite holiday, but not because of the gut and gore of it all. My favorite parts of Halloween have always been seeing all the costumes (and handing out goodies) and the vintage Halloween cartoons on TV. I know - corny! - but I love it. Growing up, I always looked forward to "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" 45 spinning on the record player. So I thought I'd share it with you. Here is the audio, or if you'd like, the Disney film (starring Bing Crosby). Enjoy (and stay safe among the ghouls!).

No comments: