Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Summer Essentials


Summer seems to be flying by (August is nearly here!). I've still managed to scoop up some items I consider my summer essentials. Hopefully you can grab some of these, as well!

1. Tucker Panel Mini Dress, $385 Dave loves when I wear Tucker dresses (probably because many are so short! :-)

2. L.L. Bean French Sailor's Shirt. $29.50 This shirt embodies the "it" trend of the moment (nautical stripes) while maintaining a classic silhouette. Perfect for chilly mornings and evening on the water

3. Land's End Classic Open Toe Ballet Flat, $15.19 Dress 'em up or down, a great go-to shoe

4. Sperry Top-Sider Angelfish Boat Shoe, $75 Another classic. So comfortable I could wear them all day, every day

5. Levi's Signature Cut-Offs, $4 I bought a pair of these jeans at Salvation Army, cut them off and cuffed them

6. Smith's Rosebud Salve, $5 The perfect sheer pink for lips (smells good, too)

7. Physicians Formula Organics Mascara, $7 Blacky-black, and without all the nasty chemicals (paired with the rosebud salve, that's my entire make-up routine for summer)

8. Land's End Starfish Roll Sleeve Open Crewneck Top, $10.39 Perfect for bumming around the house, working in the garden, or a quick run to the farmers market

9. Alba Botanica Pure Lavendar SunBlock, $13.59 Keeps me looking pasty and smells good, too!

10. Moroccan Oil Treatment, $33 An investment in hair-care terms, but it works wonders, keeps frizz down on even the most humid days, and a little goes a long way (I have super-thick, relatively long hair, and this lasts me 5 months)

11. Arbonne Baby Care Body Oil, $9 I first came across this product when I had Edith, and I fell in love with it for the summer months when regular lotion is just to thick and sticky

12. Dogeared "Captain Of Your Ship" Necklace, $72 This was a lovely present from Dave and has an even lovelier message behind it

13. Ray-Ban Rounded Wayfarers, $179 I love that these glasses have the timeless Wayfarer shape, but are jazzed up a bit with a slightly rounded lens (I bought mine at Macy's on sale for only $99!)

What are some of your summer essentials? I'd love to hear! PS - most of these items fit one of the Sustainable Living credos: Either it is made from organic, all-natural, and/or sustainable materials; is an American company; is made in America (particularly by individual craftspeople and independent companies) and/or; donates regularly through a charitable giving program.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Minutes before I left my place to go to your barnside movie night, I hacked up a pair of old jeans into cuffed cut-offs! They were a little wonky that night, but I fixed them the next morning :) Have a post scheduled for later this week.

Deanna (Silly Goose Farm) said...

Great minds... These are the best shorts ever. Kills me to have to take them off and wash them.

Lynn said...

Love those sunglasses!